Other Resources for the Contemplative Path
To link to any of the resources on this page, if using Microsoft, right click and then “Save Link As…” If using a Mac, control click and then “Download Linked File”. In most cases, a left click on the bold blue will take you to more information.
Art as a Contemplative Path
Contemplative Communities and Retreat Centers
- The Contemplative Society, Victoria, BC, Canada An inclusive non-profit association that encourages a deepening of contemplative prayer based in the Christian Wisdom tradition while welcoming and being supportive of other meditation traditions.
- Epiphany Today offers an on-line community created and guided by Order priest, Michael Sciretti, and fellow, monk, Rex Foster. For more information on teachings, offerings and format, visit them on-line.
- Episcopal House of Prayer, Collegeville and Minneapolis, MN The House of Prayer offers retreats throughout the year, focused on our primary ministry of contemplative prayer and spiritual transformation.
- Praxis Retreat and Learning Center, Telephone, TX Serving both individuals and congregations in the quest for spiritual formation and contemplative living. Committed to the journey of authentic Christian spirituality, we also respect and acknowledge the sacred paths of the world’s great religious traditions as complements to our own.
- St Andrew’s House – Retreat and Conference Center, Union, WA Nestled in the hills on the Hood Canal, St. Andrew’s House provides a unique retreat location. With its panoramic views of the water and the beautiful Olympic Mountains, it is the perfect place to refresh the senses in a pristine setting. Guests can explore the lush gardens, stroll on the beach or relax on the front porch with its breathtaking views.
- Taize Community, Taize, France Brother Roger: “God is love alone”.
- Dallas Meditation Center, Dallas/Richardson, TX The first Interfaith meditation center of North Texas, home to Zen, Vipassana, Pure Land, Thich Nhat Hanh, Great Middle Way (Tibetan), yoga, qigong, Christian meditation, and other authentic and genuine traditions of meditation and mindful living.